Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wife Swap?


Who would of thought that the blog that I posted on 5-3-08, I'm a Cheer Mom, would of sparked the interest of Wife Swap. Yes, I said Wife Swap. I posted the same blurb on our family website. The Hunkmeister reads all comments submitted on our website before publishing. Last week he received a submitted comment from the Casting Director from Wife Swap with information about the show and wanting to know if we were interested in submitting our story and if picked possibly audition, to be on Season 5. I thought the idea was totally hilarious. I asked him if he was going to publish the comment but he said he couldn't because it has her contact information plus there is a confidentiality statement below the e-mail.
If you’re curious to see what they are looking for you can Google: Wife Swap Casting Call for Season 5 Cheer.
We chose to pass with submitting our story. I told him that it would be pretty doubtful if we would be picked b/c I'm not an extreme Cheer Mom. Okay, I may be extreme in the fact that I wouldn't let my daughter quit in the middle of cheer when things started getting tough. She needed to be taught about perseverance and you all have heard of that old saying, "When Things Get Tough, the Tough Get Going. Not only that I forked over mucho dinero but that's beside the point. If I thought it would have been detrimental to her mental or physical well being I would of let her quit in a heart beat. I just knew that things started getting tough and the pressure was on. I told her once she got on that stage and made it through her first competition, she would be hooked. I was right. She loved it; after all she takes after her mother as far as the thrill of performing. Besides, she can't be a quitter. Cheer has been good for her. I know it has taught her a lot about team work and has given her a great sense of pride. She should feel very proud b/c I know I am very proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment