Saturday, April 4, 2009

Free Cup of Jo


Nothing is more embarrassing than getting somewhere and realizing that you forgot your purse. Yes, I was scrambling out of the house to go and run errands and I forgot to do the check. You know what I mean.
 Cell Phone
 Car Keys
 Purse
 Sunglasses(definite must for Arizona)
 Grocery List (I usually forget this one)

While I'm driving I was contemplating on whether or not to go through Starbucks. I was playing in my mind whether I should get it to enjoy while driving to run my errands or wait until I went grocery shopping at Target and enjoy it then. Well, thank goodness I decided to get it to enjoy while driving. As I was waiting in line at the local Starbuck's drive thru, I pull up to place my order and reach for my purse. I'm looking on the floor, in the back seat, on the side of me. Nothing. I couldn't believe I forgot my purse. It was at that moment in time I was wondering what I should do. Should I take the chance and back up all the way out hoping that no one would pull up behind me or just wait my turn and tell the wonderful Starbuck's person what I had done and just own up to my embarrassment like a real person. So, I drive up and the wonderfully, fully caffeinated Starbuck's girl asks me for my order. I then have to tell her that I forgot my purse. How embarrassing. She said, "No Problem, let us treat you." I told her, "No that is quite alright, I couldn't do that." She said, "I insist, let us treat you." I said, "No again, that is O.K. I will just go home and come back." Then once again, she said, "it is really no problem and they would love to treat me." So, I finally said, O.K. I ordered my usual without the extra shot b/c I didn't want to seem too greedy. I was then very grateful b/c not only did I get a free cup of jo, I also realized that I had forgotten my purse only 10 minutes away from my house versus 30 minutes away had I not stopped at Starbucks. Thank you Starbuck's.

No comments:

Post a Comment