Monday, March 30, 2009

Warning! Low Levels of Caffeine Are Dangerous.


NO MORE COFFEE! NO MORE COFFEE! Imagine the Mommy Dearest movie when she says, "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!! That is what I felt like this morning when I tried going without my coffee. I tried, I tried. I couldn't do it. I almost had it done too. I woke up and made my strong coffee and added soy milk to it. Remember baby steps. I had a couple of sips but wasn't really feeling it. No problema. I made myself a fresh glass of iced de-caf green tea for the road along with a glass of regular black tea for security. I was kind of sleepy during the commute but I made it. I must also mention that this was my first Monday to work since I started on the floor. I think I'm allergic to Mondays. I know I'm really allergic to them when they are a hell-a busy and I have low levels of caffeine in my body. I felt like my brain was mush and that I was the biggest air head in the world. I suffered through work with catching some of my mistakes. Lord only knows how many I didn't catch, but I made it. I should of been rejoicing when I walked out of work but instead all I did was feel deprived. So you want to know what I did? I got in my car and drove to the Starbucks that is located right next to where I work. I went through the drive-thru and ordered and a Venti Non-fat Iced latte. It was sooooo gooooood. Of course I felt bad because I was close but yet so far from being one step closer. Oh well, I told myself maybe tomorrow will be a better day. I then eased my guilt with the thought of that at least I didn't get the extra shot. Maybe I have made a little bit of progress. I'm not giving up. Let's see how far I can get tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment